Another baby veggie update

A friend sent me this video after seeing my last post in which I compared corn to Beeker from the muppets. So on this evenings garden walk, I noticed that the corn now resembles Animal.




I also noticed my first baby bell pepper


and an eggplant!


My neighbors might think I'm crazy. Every time I see a new baby vegetable for the first time, such as with this eggplant, I squeal outloud "OMG, an EGGPLANT!" Then I repeat, "Max, it's an eggplant!" as if I'm talking to my dog and as if that makes me sound less crazy.

7 comments:

  1. It totally looks like Animal! And I'd do the same thing - baby vegetables are pretty exciting, I can't imagine growing something from a tiny seed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are looking for some varieties of corn that will interest the kids to try in our school courtyard. This looks perfect! What is it called? (BTW, I am also guilty of shreiking about my veggies to the dog, even when she's nowhere in sight LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wonder what my neighbors think. I'm always dragging my camera out to the garden and photographing everything. I lay down on my stomach to get weird shots and curse the chipmunks. I do little happy dances and jump up and down when things work out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound like me. Little babies are welcomed with great enthusiasm around here, too. I'm jealous of your eggplant! I couldn't coax mine past the sprout stage. They're still in the garden, half an inch high. I couldn't even buy an eggplant plant: I brought it home, pulled out the marker, and discovered I'd grabbed a pumpkin plant by mistake. D'oh!

    Love the Animal corn plant too!! Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's hysterical! Your garden is fabulous. Hopefully, next year I can get my own going since we'll be finished with the main landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well of course talking to your dog makes you sound less crazy. That's one of the reasons we have pets, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right - the corn and the puppet almost looks the same. Same with the baby bell pepper and an eggplant.

    ReplyDelete